The European Market Observatory for Fisheries and Aquaculture Products (EUMOFA) will host its latest talk "From Revolution to Evolution: The Fishery and Aquaculture Market in a Post COVID-19 World” at the Seafood Expo Global 2022 in Barcelona, Spain. The event will take place on 26 April 2022 at 12:45 at Fira Barcelona Gran Via.
The talk will look at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the seafood sector. The seafood sector has been hard hit by COVID-19, but has the pandemic also brought new opportunities? Two years into the pandemic, is it high time to focus on new business opportunities, emerging markets and changes in consumer behavior? Has the experience gained during the pandemic made us better prepared to face other disruptive events, such as the effects of the current war in Ukraine?
EUMOFA has gathered a high-level panel of policy makers and business professionals to discuss the future of the seafood sector in the post-COVID-19 world
- Christophe Vande Weyer, Policy Officer – Markets at the European Commission, Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
- Audun Lem, Deputy Director of the Fisheries Division at the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Esben Sverdrup-Jensen, President at the European Association of Fish Producers Organisations (EAPO)
- Roberto Alonso, Adjunct Secretary General at ANFACO-CECOPESCA
A Q&A session is planned for the end of the talk.
For media inquiries, please contact the EUMOFA team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The European Market Observatory for Fisheries and Aquaculture Products (EUMOFA) is a market intelligence service of the European Union developed by the European Commission. It works to increase market transparency and efficiency, analyses EU markets dynamics, and supports evidence-based policy-making. For more information, visit the EUMOFA website.
- 8 April 2022
- Generaldirektoratet for Maritime Anliggender og Fiskeri