Curious to learn more about the Horizon Europe #MissionOcean and how European regions play a key role in the restoration of our ocean and waters whilst contributing to the COVID crisis recovery? Then register now and join our session on this topic at the European Week of Regions and Cities.
The European Week of Regions and Cities is the biggest annual event dedicated to cohesion policy and will take place on 11-14 October 2021. This year’s edition runs under the slogan “Together for Recovery”.
Under the green transition thematic, the session Mission: Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030 on 12 October will present and explore how regions and their citizens can be part of the solution for the recovery of our ocean and waters. It will also highlight R&I solutions and ideas that will mobilise different instruments, stakeholders and the public to achieve the key objectives of the Mission:
- preserve and restore marine and freshwater ecosystems
- eliminate pollution
- making the blue economy carbon-neutral and circular
EU Missions are one of the main novelties of Horizon Europe, the new research and innovation programme for 2021-2027. They have been designed to address the biggest societal challenges of our time like fighting cancer, adapting to climate change, protecting our ocean and waters, living in greener cities and ensuring soil health and food.
The missions are a powerful instrument for advancing the green transition of our economies and societies and for implementing the European Green Deal. Missions will help deliver large-scale changes and bring together a wide range of stakeholders, including regions and citizens.
The #MissionOcean session takes place on 12 October from 9.30 to 10.30 online.
- Maria TZANKOVA, Executive Director, Association of Danube River Municipalities
- Darko MANAKOVSKI, Member of the Mission Board of the EU Mission Ocean, seas and waters
- Pierre STROSSER, Environmental Economist and Director of ACTeon
- Panagiotis KTENIDES, Senior Researcher at SEALAB, University of West Attica
to join the session and create your personalized agenda to get the most out of your experience. You can scroll through the participants list to set up one-on-one meetings or count on our automatic matchmaking to do that for you!
- Publication date
- 10 September 2021
- Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries