The EMFF is the fund for the EU's maritime and fisheries policies for 2014-2020.
It is one of the five European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) which complement each other to deliver more jobs, welfare and growth in the EU.
- helps fishers adapt to sustainable fishing
- supports coastal communities in diversifying their economies
- finances projects that create new jobs and improve quality of life along European coasts
- supports sustainable aquaculture developments
- makes it easier for applicants to access financing
- supports the implementation of the maritime policy
How the fund is managed
11% is managed by the European Commission to support EU-wide objectives in maritime and coastal affairs.
89% is managed by the Member States by means of operational programmes.
- Each country is allocated a share of the total fund budget, based on the size of its fishing industry.
- Each country prepares an operational programme, setting out how the funds will be used during the current funding period 2014-20.
- Once the Commission approves this programme, it is up to the national authorities to decide which projects will be funded.
- The national authorities and the Commission are jointly responsible for the implementation of the programme.
The European Commission has delegated to the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) the implementation of part of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) under direct management, representing a budget of €340 million for the programme period 2014-2020. EASME launches and manages calls for proposals and calls for tenders, as well as ad hoc grants and service requests under framework contracts in the areas of fisheries scientific advice, maritime policy and the blue economy.
EMFF calls for proposals serve to implement the EMFF annual work programmes. The work programme is usually adopted at the end of year for the following year and is published on the European Commission website.
Funded projects and results
Commission implementing acts (decisions and regulations)
Commission implementing decisions
Commission implementing regulations deriving from the EMFF
Commission implementing regulations deriving from the CPR
Commission delegated regulations
Commission delegated regulations deriving from the EMFF
- Corrigendum to the annex of the Delegated Act (list of common indicators) - 3/12/2014
- Corrigendum to the annex of the Delegated Act (list of common indicators) - 7/10/2015
2015/531 on eligible costs to improve health and safety as well as working conditions of fishermen, to protect the marine environment and to increase the energy efficiency and to mitigate climate change
Commission delegated regulations deriving from the CPR
EU funding recipients database Financial Transparency System
European Structural and Investment Funds, Common Provisions Regulation: legal texts (Regional policy website)
- Glavna uprava za pomorstvo i ribarstvo
Factsheet published in 2015