A new website for Regional Coordination Groups (RCGs) is now available! It offers information about the work of the RCGs, including details of their meetings, reports and decisions. The website is funded with support from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
RCGs are the main hub for regional coordination and cooperation of the different regions contributing to the fisheries Data Collection Framework. They also coordinate their actions with non-EU countries in the same marine region.
RCGs were set up to help develop and implement the methodology, quality assurance and quality control procedures for collecting and processing data used to produce scientific advice. RCGs are made up of experts appointed by Member States, including national correspondents, and the European Commission. Scientific bodies, such as the Joint Research Centre (JRC), Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF) and International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) sometimes participate as observers.
Six different Regional Coordination Groups are currently operating:
- RCG Baltic: Regional Coordination Group for the Baltic area.
- RCG NANS&EA: Regional Coordination Group for the North Atlantic, North Sea & Eastern Arctic RCG Med&BS: Regional Coordination Group for Mediterranean and Black Sea.
- RCG LP: Regional Coordination Group for Large Pelagics.
- RCG LDF: Regional Coordination Group for Long Distance Fisheries.
- RCG ECON: RCG on Economics Issues, pan-regional group that deals with the collection of economic data.
To find out more about the work of the RCGs, visit the new website at: https://www.fisheries-rcg.eu/.
- Datum objave
- 29 listopad 2021
- Glavna uprava za pomorstvo i ribarstvo