FAMENET (Fisheries and Aquaculture Monitoring, Evaluation and Local Support Network) supports stakeholders in the implementation of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) and European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF).
FAMENET merges the support previously provided by FAME and FARNET in three core areas:
- monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the EMFAF and the EMFF.
- implementing community-led local development (CLLD) in fisheries and aquaculture areas to foster a sustainable blue economy.
- communicating on the results of the EMFF and EMFAF through written stories and videos, and supporting the INFORM EU network.
FAMENET organises events for managing authorities, experts and other bodies to communicate on the latest working papers, foster dialogue and capacity building between stakeholders and ensure all Member States receive the support they need.
Monitoring and evaluation
- supports stakeholders in the implementation of the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund
- support the development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF) under the EMFAF
- collect and manage the data on the implementation of the Programmes
- organise capacity-building meetings on EMFAF implementation
- offer technical assistance on the reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the EMFF and EMFAF national programmes, including support to managing authorities and the European Commission.
Reports and working papers
Community-led Local Development (CLLD)
Funded by the European Union, CLLD or ‘community-led local development’ is a bottom-up approach to local development that brings local people together to decide how they want to improve their area. They do so by setting up partnerships of civil society, businesses and public bodies, called Local Action Groups (LAGs). FAMENET supports a network of around 350 LAGs across the EU in the implementation of their local development strategies under the EMFF and EMFAF.
The work previously performed by FARNET, the network of people implementing CLLD for the 2014-2021 period, is still accessible on the FARNET website.
Reports and publications
FAMENET communicates the successes of the EMFF and EMFAF, through the collection of good practices and stories, to a wide range of audiences.
Morigenos is a Slovenian environmental NGO studying marine mammal populations in the Gulf of Trieste since 2001. With support from the EMFF they have been able to expand their work and cooperate with the Slovenian Ministry and Natura 2000 management bodies to improve data collection, monitoring and preservation of marine ecosystems in the entire region.
Fisheries LAGs implement community-led local development (CLLD), a participative approach to developing fisheries, aquaculture and coastal areas. CLLD enables the support and development of thousands of local projects led by local stakeholders across Europe for the benefit of a sustainable, inclusive and diversified blue economy. In this FAMENET story episode, we explore the work of two fisheries LAGs in France and hear how they, together with the network of stakeholders engaged at regional, national and European level, are making the blue economy a development tool for local communities.
For questions on M&E
- Електронен адрес