The Commission is calling for applications for the selection of members of the Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF). Deadline for applications is 31 October 2018.
What is the STECF?
The STECF assists the Commission when preparing legislative proposals, delegated acts or policy initiatives in the area of fisheries, aquaculture and related matters.
Have a look at the STECF website to review recent activities.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates with proven competence and experience, at European (including outermost regions) and / or international level, in areas relevant to:
- marine and fisheries biology in relation to implementation of conservation policies
- technical knowledge of fishing techniques and gear technology
- scientific data collection in support of CFP
- marine ecosystem management
- evaluation and assessment of (multi-annual) management plans
- socio-economic analysis of the fisheries sector and product chain
What does membership of the STECF entail?
Members of the STECF are appointed, for a period of three years, in a personal capacity. They act independently and in the public interest. In principle, the STECF meets three times per year.
Members should be prepared to:
- attend meetings of the STECF and its relevant sub-groups (Expert Working Groups)
- contribute actively to discussions in the STECF
- be involved in preparatory work ahead of meetings
- examine and provide comments on documents under discussion
- act, as appropriate, as 'rapporteurs' on ad hoc basis.
Working language is English.
How can I apply?
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: MARE-STECF-APPLICATIONSfirstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 31 October.
More information on the selection criteria and the application process can be found in the Call for applications document.
- Publication date
- 4 September 2018
- Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries